License

Creative Commons License
Subtle Complexities and Myriad Simplicities by Ashok Subramanian P is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Friday, March 28, 2008

The Butterfly

With a leap off the leaf,
My heart skips a beat,
A million colours woven into,
This minuscule treat!

Frivolous with the trademark flight,
It dances in the sky,
And I wait sly like a fox,
With a gleam in my eye!

Waiting on the sly,
I can't help but adore,
Nature's palette on its wings,
I can't help wanting even more!

On my ears sounds I cannot hear,
Of pain and of captivity,
As my fingers clasped on the wings,
An epitome of nature's subtlety!

For years and years,
A once frivolous monarch lay,
In between papers,
Now faded and unable to play!

As I sleep, sometimes I do see,
The woven colours of glee,
I twist and turn but I can't go back,
Nor from these memories can I flee!

I just wish I'd left it
, Watched for an hour more,
At its frivolous best,
The colours would have given me hope,
Like they do to the rest!

No comments: