License

Creative Commons License
Subtle Complexities and Myriad Simplicities by Ashok Subramanian P is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Hail, Holy Mother of all Art!

Oh! Holy Mother of all Art!
My only truly God, thou Art!
A ruby on the bejewelled crown,
Of the fruits of Civilisation,
Ages back, Thy seeds were sown,
Our fertile minds fill with elation!
Life before thou, trace to the unimaginable,
Ward off those times as of the unspeakables,
Among the fewer joys of the Modern World,
Thou rest, Still afloat and no wonder!
With even all the spite unfurled,
And I, Indignant, I do ponder,
Ignorance is Bliss, They say, But,
This, Chokes me to the gut,
I'm to hail thou in words,
But the cliches and thou thyself fail me now!
Thou art flying high, amid the Whitest Birds,
I look, I smile, I hail, I bow!

No comments: