License

Creative Commons License
Subtle Complexities and Myriad Simplicities by Ashok Subramanian P is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Fleeting Glimpse

I lie, curled up and subdued,
A scaredy cat by the corner,
She swallowed me in fastidious gulps,
Spat out, In copious measures, She
My sanity and caprice, And fed me,
With the mundaneness of her world,
Unwittingly, I manifest in,
The catacombs of her dark womb,
Pregnant, My thoughts with the allure of light,
The warmth of the rays of the splendid sun,
Le Soleil, The life that once belonged,
To me, And just for me it bloomed,
To ink my parchment blanche with lines,
Of personal and private verse,
Flowed turbulent my articulate odes,
To the silken gown that adorned her form,
And flapped in the breeze her dainty scarf,
Intoxicating the gusts of wind,
The storm, so stifled, In her tresses,
And the goblets, her bottomless eyes,
Would I live long enough to see,
This haunting, evanescent memory?

No comments: