License

Creative Commons License
Subtle Complexities and Myriad Simplicities by Ashok Subramanian P is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Friday, August 13, 2010

I am.......

I am,
But a mere spectator,
Not omniscient, maybe not impartial,
I see at night, mounds of corpses,
Tendons in the beaks of scavenging vultures,
Who salvage from the wreck,
To keep themselves afloat,
'They're blameless',
My heart lub-dubs,
Survival is the ultimate goal,
And they'll perish soon,
To be eventually free,
Of all the sins of force of habit,
If I were the keeper of the keys,
Of the elusive golden gates,
I wouldn't ponder a moment to let them in,
But once again the mounds of corpses flash,
And leaves me to speculate and possibly punish,
But I am,
A mere minuscule mortal,
What right have I to mock the sky?
The fireworks that succeed a triumphant venture,
Possibly the lesser of the evils,
The devil's alternative, plausibly,
But how may I rest in peace at night?
When stabs at me pangs of guilt,
The unguarded mounds need someone,
Maybe a keeper,
Or probably a nurse to wipe off a lonely tear,
Concern on a now numbed, motionless cheek,
And now I see a couple parties in the horizon,
I think they're here to help me clean,
To wash to the sea the frothy mess,
Their guilt,
Oozes from the remnants of innocent souls,
Destitute bodies hand in hand,
But they prove me wrong,
A bewildered me,
I gape at the in situ crematorium,
A herd of necrophiliacs throw themselves,
Into the unassuming mounds,
The backdrop changed to a modern day colosseum,
In colourful vignettes,
Partly phantasmagoric,
The nation, the hailing spectators,
The placards and the vuvuzelas,
Out of the central Roman theme,
I float down to the still numb bodies in the mounds,
Even the parties emotionless in their motions,
Amazed again,
I grasp the real,
Mere glorified whores,
Mere attention seekers,
Shameful brutes to make me cringe,
I float in my nightmare to a nearby lake,
With the crimson not yet caressed its cheek,
I throw in flat, round pebbles that glide,
On the otherwise still surface,
Ducks and drakes,
The little game called,
I wake up confused but glad,
With a gash on the finger I cut on a pebble,
That left the pond slightly redder.

No comments: