License

Creative Commons License
Subtle Complexities and Myriad Simplicities by Ashok Subramanian P is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Ballad of Pine - II

Oh! On chilly nights I long,
For the selfless sun's warmth,
Then pine for dark clouds that soothe,
To shade me from the singeing burn,
During showers I yearn for the autumn breeze,
That sways the lowly acacia branches,
And then I clothe my unsatisfied self,
With the tiniest, smoothest cashmere,
And nurse so fondly a nervous itch,
To leave me partial once again,
Partial to the satisfied being,
That seldom transcends to binocular vision,
And yet in earnest, I do hope,
I'll see the dawn, that fated day,
I cradle so fondly between my eyes,
Like the apple of my eye,
Love! The day I would run freer than wind,
The day I yearn for you no more!

No comments: