License

Creative Commons License
Subtle Complexities and Myriad Simplicities by Ashok Subramanian P is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

The Blossom

Walked down the path,
This merciful life,
Flowers and memories strewn about,
I picked up from the street,
The prettiest blossom!

Untrampled,
And in full bloom,
It looked at me with tired eyes,
A captivating gaze,
Or a cry for help?

The petals,
Luscious like the vine,
That passes by along my side,
The stalk a tender, fragile hue,
With a solitary leaf!

The pollen,
The emotions that relate,
To a special, lovely bloom,
Mere grains for most other ones,
An irritant to the rest!

I gazed into the tired eyes,
To decipher what they held inside,
Yet again came rushing,
Those emotions,
That wrench my heart!

The horizon,
Now a dull ochre,
My shadows now lag behind,
I pondered what those eyes would say,
To the next familiar gaze.

4 comments:

Sneha said...

I like this. A lot.

Valli said...

It's painfully endearing.

Maybe it should have been called, Every you and every me :)

Ashok Subramanian P said...

Is that so? ;)

Ashok Subramanian P said...

I remember writing this one on my mobile phone on a sleepless night on the upper berth of a sleeper train coach! Too much information, huh?